1. Use Alt+F4 to close any programs running already (one press to close one program) NOTE: does not close minimised programs! When all the programs are closed, another press of ALT+F4 will ask if you want to Shut Down, Restart, Or set to Stand By mode. Then press U for Shut Down, R for Restart or S for Stand By.
2. press the Windows key (between Ctrl and Alt) which will bring up the Start Menu, then press U for Shut Down, and U again for Shut Down.
3. Ctrl+Esc opens the Start menu. (Instead, you could use the Windows key.) Pressing the u key selects whichever menu item has an underlined u. (Note that if your menu has other options that begin with a U, such as “User Preferences,” then you’ll have to hit u more than once and then hit Enter when Shut Down is selected.)
4. CTRL+ALT+DELETE (DEL)
Then it gives u a list if u either want to
Hibernate. or restart your pc.
5. Shortcut Keys to Shutdown and Restart your Computer
Get ready and follow these points to experiment.
1. On your desktop, right click>shortcut(select shortcut)
2. You will then see a Popup Window(Create Shortcut wizard)
3. In ‘Type the location of the item’, Key in ‘Shutdown -s -t 01′
Click ‘Next’ and you will be prompt to name the Shortcut. Give it any name you want and click ‘Finish’.
Now, whenever you hope to shutdown your Computer or laptop. Simply double click on this shortcut icon.
You can also fully customize this shortcut Icon.
Right Click>’Properties’>’Change Icon’
This allows you to change Shortcut Icon to any image you want.
If you want to create a Shortcut Icon for restarting your Computer or Laptop, Simply change -s to -r.
As s stand for shutdown while r stands for restart.
Change the number after -t to set the time of your Computer and Laptop to wait in seconds before shutting down.
You can also insert a comment by adding -c ‘Your Text’ to the line. It will display the Text you specified while counting down the time in seconds.